The Alumni Club of Chicago is a nonprofit association whose purpose is to strengthen the bond between the University of Chicago and its alumni, to foster interest in and to disseminate information about the University, and to strengthen the role played by alumni in the life of the University.
Alumni Club Board Director’s Responsibilities
At the core of a successful alumni club is a group of dynamic officers who represent the University of Chicago, relish assuming the leadership responsibilities and can be relied upon to provide consistent service to the club. Directors are expected to be actively involved in the Board, and to engage in decision-making regarding matters coming before the Board. Enthusiastic leadership is the most important ingredient of an alumni club’s success.
Responsibilities/Expectations of all Board Directors
- Attend all in-person board meetings and board conference calls; knowing that extenuating circumstances arise and there may be events that you cannot attend
- Serving on at least one of the Board’s committees
- Participating in programs and events produced and/or sponsored by the Club
- Maintaining up-to-date contact information with the Board Secretary
- Responding to Club requests and correspondence in a timely matter